Coming up this week:

13under13 Countdown:
Fri at 8PM ET/5PM PT
Sat at 8AM & 4PM ET/5AM & 1PM PT
Sun at 11AM ET/8AM PT

Friday, January 18, 2008

What Was That?

Was that REALLY a commercial for Orbitz? Are you kidding me? I had heard of rumors of commercials on XM, but this is the first that I've encountered one. I'm really not impressed. Yes, it was disguised as a truly worthy cause (visit the historical sites associated with MLK Jr. -- and for that I don't need Orbitz since we live in Atlanta), but it was still an advertisement. We don't have tv, we don't listen to commercial radio, the girls have very little peer pressure in terms of material goods. We've avoided much of the influence of the invasive marketing, and I'm not going to be happy if XM starts marketing to my kids.

Addendum 7:17pm: And now a commercial for flu shots?? Ugh.

No comments:

Disclaimer

We are a regular family who are fans of KiDS Place LiVE (was XMKiDS). We have no business or family relation to XM, except that according to my daughter, she and Mindy are BFFs. XM/Sirius Satellite Radio is in No Way Responsible for the Content Within This Fan Site