Coming up this week:

13under13 Countdown:
Fri at 8PM ET/5PM PT
Sat at 8AM & 4PM ET/5AM & 1PM PT
Sun at 11AM ET/8AM PT

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Book Hour - Jennifer Ward

On Mindy's show today, she was joined by Jennifer Ward author of I Love Dirt!: 52 Activities to Help You and Your Kids Discover the Wonders of Nature.

The activities sound pretty interesting, although basic. My kids (who are likely older than the target) love to get outside and do their own thing and really don't like for me to direct them, so I'm not sure it would work for us. The advice given on the show is mostly "natural" to us already. But I will likely put it on my library list to peruse further before deciding on whether it would be useful to us.

Mindy made a great point : Kids can help us slow down and we need to be sure to slow down for them instead of asking them to speed up for us.

Again, so natural for us: Don't inhibit the play. Who cares if the clothes get dirty? My kids are almost never sick, and I have never been germ-wary. They have built up some great immunity, I believe.

Visit Authors for Earth Day
and Jennifer Ward's site.

Her newest book is for pre-teens Let's Go Outside.

No comments:

Disclaimer

We are a regular family who are fans of KiDS Place LiVE (was XMKiDS). We have no business or family relation to XM, except that according to my daughter, she and Mindy are BFFs. XM/Sirius Satellite Radio is in No Way Responsible for the Content Within This Fan Site