Coming up this week:

13under13 Countdown:
Fri at 8PM ET/5PM PT
Sat at 8AM & 4PM ET/5AM & 1PM PT
Sun at 11AM ET/8AM PT

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wake Up To A New 116?



Word on the web is that as of midnight, XMKiDS will no longer be XMKiDS, but KiDS Place LiVE. But DON'T FRET, from everything I've seen, the programming will be the same or better, and our favorite on-air personalities will remain as they are!! Whew!

Watch for the changes tomorrow...I suppose all the station ids will be redone, among other things.

I wonder how many times our friends will slip up and say XMKiDS instead of KiDS Place LiVE?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's Kids Place Live now - it's night so there's no personality to know if anything has changed or not. The songs seem much the same as always, so that's a good sign...

I was really worried Sirius' *TERRIBLE* Kid Stuff would be the surviving station and at least that hasn't happened!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, they're still broadcasting the frequent and *incredibly annoying* advertisements for XM Traffic and Weather and (even more annoying) XM Emergency Alerts. The latter being the really terrible one, who needs sound bites of emergencies in their face, same with bad traffic. The goal of XM Kids is to be kid-friendly, and maybe for us adults relaxed and a step away from those thoughts. I was hoping maybe they'd go away with the change... wishful thinking only I guess :(

GBK Gwyneth said...

Well, from everything I've heard, it is going to be XMK, but with some even more interesting and exciting additions -- new segments from our favorite djs, etc.

I agree, I don't like the traffic and amber alert ads in the middle of kids' programming, either.

Anonymous said...

I think the emergency alert and traffic alert ads are a sign Sirius XM really has no clue... I heard them last night during soft gentle NIGHT programming. What a rude interruption... one that's really getting on my nerves. I don't remember them until the last month or so, would you happen to know when they started?

GBK Gwyneth said...

No I can't remember. I will make a blog post on this when I have a slow day, today not being one of them!

Disclaimer

We are a regular family who are fans of KiDS Place LiVE (was XMKiDS). We have no business or family relation to XM, except that according to my daughter, she and Mindy are BFFs. XM/Sirius Satellite Radio is in No Way Responsible for the Content Within This Fan Site